Military dismisses report that some Chibok girls were rescued from Boko Haram captivity
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, has dismissed reports claiming the military recently rescued some Chibok schoolgirls who were abducted in 2014. Last week, DailyTrust had reported that some parents of the abducted school girls claimed they have received reports that some of their daughters have been rescued. The report claimed the girls were rescued during a clearance operation in the Northeast. However at a briefing in Borno state on Sunday, January 31, the Chief of Defence Staff, Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, denied the report. “We do not have any of the Chibok girls in our custody. So if they are not with us we have nothing to confirm again.It was the desire of the military the get the Chibok girls back safely and if our operations have helped those said to have escaped, I think we are glad” Irabor said The post Military dismisses report that some Chibok girls were rescued from Boko Haram captivity appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.